Sunday, July 8, 2012

07/08/2012

I was afraid that today was going to be the day I had to report being completely unproductive. Fortunately, though, that ended up being far from the truth.

I had my alarm set for 6:00 AM so I could get some work done outside. I got woken up at 5:00 AM, though, by Kitty, the cat, who wanted let in. I wasn't ready to stay up, but knew if I only slept for 60 minutes before my alarm I wouldn't feel as good as if I was able to complete the sleep cycle. I should have reset the alarm for 6:30, but I just turned it off instead. I got up around 8:00 AM and decided not to go outside.

We decided to go to London today to look at chairs for my office. One of the wheels broke of the chair at the computer desk in the living room, so we decided to replace it with the one from my office and get a new one for there, since we had been planning to do that for some time anyway. I think we can fix the broken wheel, but Andrea said if we do she'll just use it to replace the chair she uses when sewing.

Even though we had breakfast out yesterday, I was still in the mood for a big breakfast. We decided to eat at Cracker Barrel, which was fantastic. I had french toast, bacon, scrambled eggs, gravy, and biscuits. They were advertising blackberry cobbler, which I planned to try, but was stuffed after eating my meal so had to pass. I've never had blackberry cobbler, or any cooked fruit actually, so I've been wanting to try something. Since we have bee picking blackberries, a cobbler might make a nice use for them, if I knew I would actually eat it.

After eating ,we went to Lowe's to return a few items that Andrea had bought for our insulated window treatments, but ended up not needing. While there we bought some drainage gravel for the ditch I dug yesterday at the air conditioner. I also bought some supplies for another project I have planned, which will make it easier to haul long-handled tools, such as shovels, hoes, and rakes, on the RTV. I'll do a post on that once I actually complete the project.

After Lowe's we went to look at chairs. We narrowed it down to two possibilities, but decided to wait until we could do some research before making a decision. Before heading back home we stopped at the flea market so I could look for a tamping bar. I didn't find one, so we went on home.

This evening I helped Andrea out a bit in the kitchen. She made some basil walnut pesto with the basil she harvested recently. She then used the basil stems to make a basil oil, which is the first time she's tried that. I also spent a bit of time researching siphon pumps to help fill out watering cans with the water we've dipped from the creek. I found a self-priming model that had good reviews, so ordered it.

All in all it turned out to be a fairly productive day. To top it off, we've had rain most of the evening, which means we won't have to worry about watering the plants tomorrow. The rain was much needed, and I'm hopeful that it really helps the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment