Tuesday, July 10, 2012

07/10/2012

I'm not sure whether to gauge today as productive or not. I did very little work around the place, but still accomplished a couple of things that have been needing to be done.

I slept in this morning. I had my alarm set for 6:30, but was so tired I decided to just go back to sleep. It felt nice to sleep in. I didn't get up until just after 8:00. At lunch I rearranged things in the shed a bit to make room for the barrel I bought to hold tools. I placed it in the front corner, next to the door, and moved most of my long handled tools there; shovels, hoes, rakes, pitch fork, cant hook, etc. 

I had planned to go back out after work, but around 4:30 I received a call letting me know what my weedeater was read to be picked up at the shop. It had been in the shop since before I started the blog. I was hauling it in the bed of the RTV, with the head sticking out past the roll cage when I drove too close to a tree. The shaft was bent significantly, and had to be replaced. It was going to cost me around $50 to order a new shaft, so I checked the shop and they said it would cost about $60 to have them replace it. I decided it was well worth an extra $10 to make sure it was done correctly, so its been sitting in the shop since then.

So, after work we drove to Berea to pick up the weedeater. We then drove on in to Richmond, because Andrea needed to pick up some magnetic tape to finish up some of the insulated window coverings. While there we decided to go look at office chairs, and to my surprise I found one that I really liked. Since I was driving the truck, it was a perfect time to buy one, so we came home with not only a newly repaired weedeater, but also a new office chair.

Unfortunately, the trip to Berea and Richmond pretty much took up the entire evening. It was after 10:00 before we got home and got everything put away. So I'm basically just writing this, then will start getting ready for bed soon. I'm pleased with what we accomplished today, though, even though little of it was what I had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment