Saturday, October 27, 2012

10/27/12

Today was the last day of my Dad's visit. It was raining when we got up, so we had to wait until it stopped around 10:00 AM to start working. It wasn't a very good day to work, because it was cool and wet. I don't think the temperature made it out of the 40s all day.

Our first project was to build a ramp for the new metal building. The front of the building is about 18 inches from the ground, so I knew a ramp was going to be necessary for getting the lawn mower, tiller, and chipper inside. I was worried that building the ramp would be a fairly large project, but it ended up only taking us a couple of hours. Since we still had a bit of time before my Dad planned to leave, so we decided to go ahead and put up the plastic around the front porch. I had planned to just get Andrea to help me with the plastic later, but I'm glad we were able to do it today. I had never enclosed a porch with plastic before, so definitely wouldn't have done as good of a job without help from someone with experience.

We were able to get a lot done while my Dad was visiting. I'm always very grateful for his help. It was nice taking the latter part of the day off, though. It'll also be nice to sleep in a bit late tomorrow. I still have some work to do on the metal building tomorrow, though, so won't be taking the day off completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment