Thursday, December 6, 2012

The New Logo

You may have noticed a change in the appearance of the blog recently. After creating a Facebook page for the blog, which  you should go check out, if you have not already done so, I decided it needed a professional looking logo. Thankfully I am friends with a graphic designer who was willing to create a logo for me. After seeing the logo on Facebook I decided that it might be nice to have a similar one for the blog.

At first I worried that adding a logo might take away from the simple look that I wanted the blog to have. After seeing the logo in place, however, I think it fits in nicely. The simple design fits into the vision I have for the blog. I particularly like the fact that the logo was custom created based on the focus of the blog. The leaves, in the center, represent the gardening and nature oriented aspects, while the triangle around the edge is somewhat reminiscent of the recycling icon, so fits in with the environmental minded aspects of the blog. Lastly, having these elements combined, into a single logo, reflects my desire to integrate aspects of various philosophies into both my lifestyle and this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I like the logo! I would friend you on facebook, but even though I have an account, I don't use it. (I think I'm really a luddite in disguise...)

    I was also interested to read your reasoning behind no photos (in the previous post). I do wish you had photos, but I also agree that a blog should be whatever works for you. In the end, even though we share our blog with thousands of people, it's really just my "external memory" (as my brother says) to help me keep track of the really important things that happen. So, if lack of photos makes it easier for your blog to be that kind of place for you, it makes sense to leave them out.

    ReplyDelete